HALF – DAY 6
Session 1 – Financial Inclusion & Mobile Financial Services & Telecoms
This session looks at Financial Inclusion/mobile Financial services, Regulating for financial inclusion and the Collaboration needed amongst financial, telecommunications and competition authorities.
- Mobile money as a driver of financial inclusion Telcos – hosting a growing financial business
- From mobile money to digital financial services
- The need to develop mobile money further
- Regulating for financial inclusion: the importance of good regulation Prudential regulation and customer due diligence
- Issues: agent network issues, telco network access issues, interoperability issues
- Customer data & risk-based financial services
- Consumer protection
- Complementary role of authorities & Collaborating in the Use of Powers Making unilateral progress where necessary
Session 2 – Big Data & Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence, the internet of things and mobile/fixed network technologies are converging to present huge opportunities for companies to gain great value from data. This leads to a world where artificial intelligent and machine learning algorithms are increasingly making more decisions for consumers and citizens “black box”-style. This presents challenges for regulators and regulation.
- What is Big Data?
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Why the AI & Big Data Craze?
- Machine Learning
- How AI is becoming more and more important to the Economy
- Why and how data is becoming more important to both Economy and to Regulators
- Big Data & QoS: a Case Study
- Ethical challenges
- Implications for Policy and Regulation