HALF – DAY 4
Session 1 – Licensing! Why License? Licence Procedures and Licence Fees
Most countries regulate the telecoms sector through a licensing regime. Why? What are the main features of a licensing regime and how is it implemented? How are approaches to licensing changing as technologies and services develop?
In this session, we will consider the significance of:
- General and particular licences
- The impact of VoIP
- The future of licensing regimes and the move towards general authorisations
- The role of licence fees. Should they only cover administrative costs or should they reflect the value of the services being provided?
- Should there be a market rate for licences?
- What are the respective benefits of administrative fees, beauty parades and auctions?