Colombia’s Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications (Ministerio de Tecnologias de la Informacion y las Comunicaciones, MinTIC) has announced that the country’s long-awaited 5G multi-band spectrum auction will commence on 20 December 2023.
The auction schedule is as follows:
· In August MinTIC will publish a resolution setting out the technical conditions, legal requirements for participation, and the auction mechanism.
· In September the reserve price, obligations and guarantees will be revealed.
· October will see the publication of the final version of the resolution.
· On 10 November (estimated) MinTIC will be open for applications from interested parties.
· Any corrections must be noted by 8 December (estimated).
· On 20 December the spectrum auction will officially commence.
While this week’s announcement does not break down the spectrum bands that are scheduled to be included in the auction, MinTIC has previously indicated that it will distribute spectrum in the 700MHz, 1900MHz, 2.5GHz, 3.5GHz and 26GHz bands.
Original article can be seen at: