Rising global demand for communications and data-rich services is increasing the pressures on the networks that deliver them.
Consumers now expect their telecoms to be ubiquitous, always-on, and instantly-available. At the same time, the sector is undergoing rapid change. Market liberalisation is now largely complete in many countries, with competition helping to deliver innovation and lower prices.
Operators are struggling with lower margins as their products become commoditised, and this threatens investment. Industry is responding with vertical integration and consolidation, and the development of new business models.
Whether defending market share, or seeking to develop products or services, Cenerva helps telcos make sense of this rapidly changing world.
We work with network operators, service providers and software vendors to design and implement strategies which maximise the opportunities arising from change. We do this by assessing new technologies, analysing consumer preferences, and anticipating the impact of regulation. We help put in place profitable commercial arrangements.
Examples of our work include:
- Interconnect: developed a mobile Reference Interconnect Offer and wholesale framework for a European operator.
- 4G: advised and supported development of 4G licence bid and infrastructure sharing agreement in the Caribbean.
- Dispute resolution: provided regulatory, technical and fiscal analysis to resolve a wholesale pricing dispute between two European operators.
- Compliance: conducted regulatory compliance audit in West Africa.
- Licence applications: led successful application for a European fixed voice and data service provision licence.